Keeping you moving during lockdown
November 5th, 2020
The UK Government is introducing a new lockdown in England from Thursday, November 5 so we wanted to remind you that you can still use our cars but only for essential journeys to specific locations.
In line with UK Government guidance, until Wednesday, December 2, you should only use our vehicles for:
- Getting to or from work or volunteering where you can’t do this from home.
- Shopping for essentials such as food and medicine, other items ordered via click and collect, takeaway meals or to get money from your bank or building society.
- To exercise by visiting outdoor public places still open such as parks, public gardens, beaches, countryside, playgrounds and allotments.
- Getting to or from school, college or university.
- To visit those in your support or childcare bubble and drop or collect children from childcare.
- For medical or compassionate reasons for appointments, or to visit someone giving birth, or someone in a care home, hospice or hospital where permitted.
- To visit churches, places of worship or cemeteries for individual prayer or funeral services.
- Visiting hotels, hostels or caravan parks but only for work purposes or if you live there.
For full details on which places in England are open or closed and when you can use them please visit the Government's latest advice
The safety of our members is our top priority, so please help us to keep our cars clean and available at all times. We have enhanced cleaning in place using a long lasting antibacterial cleaner which continues to kill germs on contact.
But you can help:
- Please take all personal items with you and do NOT eat in our cars so there is no food waste.
- Do NOT take use our cars if you display any symptoms of Covid-19 or to attend a Covid testing facility – if you or anyone else in the car develops symptoms after using one tell us immediately so we can get it taken off fleet and cleaned.
- Practise good personal hygiene and only travel with people from your household. You can bring disinfectant wipes to wipe down the car and use anti-bacterial hand gel before and after each trip. Please remember to take these wipes, and any other rubbish with you.
- If the car has a quarter of a tank of fuel or less at the end of your journey please fill it up so it is ready for the next user – petrol stations are open as normal.
Look out in your email and on our social media for future announcements or changes.