Keeping our members safe during the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic
January 5th, 2021
To keep you, our members, safe during the coronavirus pandemic, we are taking extra measures to make sure our vehicles are COVID safe before every journey.
As well as continuing with our existing internal procedures, we are following the latest guidance set out by the UK Government to ensure the highest level of cleanliness for all of our members.
What we’re doing
- Each Co-wheels vehicle is professionally cleaned regularly.
- Our professional cleaning team has been supplied with microshield anti-bacterial solution which is used as part of their usual routine.
- Our cleaning team is paying extra attention to high contact areas within each vehicle such as door handles, switch gear and the steering wheel.
- Any vehicles where members have reported they are suspected to be positive for COVID-19 are closed down for 7-days and deep cleaned.
What our members need to do
- Following the recent announcement from the Prime Minister (Monday, January 4th 2021) we urge all of our members to follow the latest UK Government guidelines on travel and mixing with other households.
- We ask our members to respect other users of our vehicles by practising good hygiene when using Co-wheels. You can help keep a safe environment for all members by keeping your hands clean, using hand sanitiser before and after any journeys and using anti-bacterial wipes to clean down any high contact areas after use.
- We ask that anyone who tests positive for coronavirus or is experiencing symptoms to please temporarily refrain from using Co-wheels vehicles for the safety of other members.
- If you have tested positive and used one of our cars in the last 24 hours please contact Customer Services so we can remove the vehicle from our fleet for a deep clean to protect others.
We are closely monitoring any changes to the UK Government guidelines and will update you with any changes to our procedures.