Co-wheels car club gives University of Sunderland staff free and exclusive access to the on-site Co-wheels car for university business, from 08:00-18:00, Monday to Friday.
It's a great alternative to using your own cars for work purposes and ideal for travel for short meetings between campuses and in the local area.
How it works:
- Click here to register your interest in joining Co-wheels (An e-mail window will open, send this e-mail to register your interest).
- You will receive an e-mail inviting you to join the scheme.
- Click the link on the invitation email and fill in the online form - you will then receive your Co-wheels information pack and smartcard.
- Find and book the car online using the online booking system.
- Collect the car from its dedicated parking bay at CitySpace.
- Use the car as necessary, and refuel if needed.
- Return the car to its dedicated parking bay at CitySpace at the end of your journey.
Read the step-by-step registration guide outlining how to sign up to Co-wheels using the online form.
Help us make the scheme work for everyone:
The car can be booked in 30-minute slots, and we want to make the most of it, so please use the car for 1 or 2 hours only, if travelling between campuses, or up to 3 hours if within the local area*, to give everyone a chance to use it.
The Co-wheels car is available for members of the public to use outside of office hours, in addition to more cars throughout the North East.
*"Local area" is considered to be within an approximate 15-mile radius of Sunderland