Reporting directly to the Regional Business Development Manager, we are looking for an independent responsible and enthusiastic individual to manage our operations across Derby City and Derbyshire. Your time will be divided between managing local marketing activities and ensuring that the fleet and locations aspects of the service are operating efficiently. This will cover marketing, PR, liaising with partner organisations and planning for growth and development of the car club in new locations.
A key role will be to actively engage with employers within the area in order to encourage them and their staff to use Co-wheels cars for work. This will allow staff to commute to and from work more sustainably instead of having to take their own car into work. The role will also be to build the residential membership, offering the car club as a financially and environmentally beneficial alternative to owning and using their own cars.
The role is funded by the Department for Transport Car Club Development programme, which supports car club development across both Derby and Derbyshire.
Co-wheels Car Club is a leading national car club operator that offers a ‘pay as you go’ car hire alternative to car ownership. The organisation currently has over 50 car club operations across towns and cities in the UK in order to promote a more logical and sustainable role for the car in our transport habits.
First and foremost an environmentally motivated initiative, the car club also provides a financially sensible way for individuals and employers to access cars, allowing them to save money and only use cars when they are the best option.
Co-wheels is a ‘Social Enterprise’ and has a strong environmental and social principals and motivations. As we continue to grow we’re looking for talented, passionate people with great ideas to join the Co-wheels family. We provide a very supportive and friendly team environment to work in. If you’re results-oriented, dedicated, and ready to contribute to an unparalleled experience for our community of forward thinking members, we encourage you to apply.
The Development Worker responsibilities will include:
Promotions and Events
- Day-to-day logistical management of marketing & promotions to ensure monthly performance measures are hit
- Set up and logistical management of local events
- Assisting the Field Marketing Manager in team performance management
- Ensuring the Co-wheels brand is represented in a professional manner
- Ensuring the promotional channel is working efficiently and effectively to acquire prospects, suggesting tweaks and changes where necessary
- Act as the point of contact for local members (corporate and residential) in order to maximise their involvement in car club development.
- Responsible for regular weekly updates and reporting of activities to HQ and line manager
- Building and maintaining Co-wheels leads in Derby and Derbyshire
- Establishing relationships with local businesses to use and endorse the car club
- Liaising with HQ to ensure smooth transition of leads to applications to hit monthly targets
- Be the first point of contact for vehicle operational issues
- Undertake maintenance, cleaning and checking of the vehicles locally [if required].
- Organise for occasional vehicle servicing and minor repair works as required by HQ
Other duties commensurate with the role which enhance the car club operation.
Please complete an application form and either email, or post to the details below. If you do not have an application form or if you require further information, please call 0191 375 1050 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Co-wheels Car Club
3a Sunderland Road
Closing date for applications is 17.00 Friday 5th June 2015
Interviews will be held in Derby on Thursday 11th June 2015